Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Access to the property - sometimes no access available

Can we get into the property – I say no but Mr I want to build a Straw Bale house says it’s a driveway to paradise. What is paradise anyway? I wish I knew maybe I’m already there!!!n mmmmmmm I think not if you see the photos before and after it still leads to potential bog.
After the winter we have had in Victoria – boggy is underestimating the real earth moving status of the wet underlays. Like standing close to the water’s edge at the beach and stepping up and down, this sodden land we have to drive over, build on and wait for it to dry out.
The driveway has been on the list for over 2 years now. We bought a tractor with a bucket so Mr I want to build a Straw Bale house could do the driveway himself. We had a cheap quote a number of years ago and Mr I want to build a Straw Bale house’s brother was going to assist – even cheaper – But No!!! Mr I want to build a Straw Bale house wanted to do it.
We had a week off early this year and still no driveway. Heading into winter I suggested Mr I want to build a Straw Bale house could order some driveway mix. Well the last day of the holidays Mr I want to build a Straw Bale house rang and ordered 1 truck load of the cheapest gravel mix you can get. I was around on the Monday for the delivery and the truck driver suggested he could not come back until Christmas. Of course Mr I want to build a Straw Bale house thought I was joking given he never hears the responses I get from the workman.


Mr I want to build a Straw Bale house continues to think his ute is a 4wd and has been bogged at least 3 times that I know of in the house paddock. Yes even I have been bogged trying to rescue him. My family car does not cut the mustard in the slippery areas nor does it like the driveway. It bottoms out every time I drive up to our potential abode. I must admit that the ute is getting bogged further up the property.

Well I now know the quarry workers by name and number of the truck. They also recognise my voice and like pizza delivery in the city they do not have to ask me the address.
A winter to remember.
Never put off today what you think can be done in 2 years time.

1 comment:

  1. Alas we had a Winter as it used to be this year haven't seen these for a few years because of the drought. It will dry out - stay positive-
    enjoying your blog. Michelle

    ReplyDelete