Monday, July 18, 2011

Is this living or character building????

Bedroom & lounge / toilet
In the early days of living here (in the shed, cabin and caravan) was like camping and after a few weeks I wanted to go home.  My best purchase this year - an electric blanket. One morning getting up to venture off to work, at 6am I couldn’t have a shower for the pipes had frozen. I produced a full bucket of ice to Mr I want to build a straw bale house whilst he was in a snug bed.  Amazingly the whole bucket was frozen – never seen anything like it. Oh yeh now I have showers in the evenings. It seems the coldest and wettest winter for years.

Cooking on the other hand has been a challenge. We no longer have to unplug the fridge to put the kettle on. Cooking in a small toaster and a 2 hot plate element (one at a time) took its toll and not to mention stretching the imagination every meal. “Saved” - June sales. A new fridge, gas/electric stove and a few other things for the new house. The day before I went shopping Mr I want to build a straw bale house activated the joint credit card. I am now cooking. Yippee.

The cabin is the warmest part of our little compound, unfortunately there is nothing worth watching on the TV so the games on the ipad are in demand.


Laundry and the $15 dishwasher

This is something that we will look back and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment